Purdue’s ePubs has two new Service-Learning reflection journals available for download, Service-Learning Reflection Journal, provides:
- a guide for Service-Learning projects that may last from a few days to a few weeks.
- a quantitative assessment for the beginning and the end of the Service-Learning project,
- reflection assignments to help prepare for the Service-Learning project, as well as the conclusion of the project.
International Service-Learning Reflection Journal, specifically created for international study abroad courses provides:
- pre-entry assignments and re-entry assignments to help with the reflective process
- a quantitative assessment for the beginning and end of the project.
Reflection in the classroom is an important teaching tool for critical thinking. Students have the opportunity to enhance their learning experience by answering prompted questions that stimulate thoughts and ideas. For more information and to download these journals, go to http://dx.doi.org/10.5703/1288284315022 for the International Service-Learning Reflection journal or http://dx.doi.org/10.5703/1288284315021 for the Service-Learning Reflection Journal.
Dr. Margaret Shu-Mei Sass, JD, Assistant Director of Service Learning