Welcome, friends!This is CACSL's public, collaborative newsletter and forum. Its purpose is to unify and develop service-learning community across Canada and beyond. We depend on you to share links to blog articles, contribute content, and connect with other CSL practitioners. Click "Home" in the top navigation bar for an overview of the blog.
Browse by category
- Reminder: CACSL 2013 at CUExpo in Cornerbrook | CACSL Blog on CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada
- Registration Open CUExpo 2013 and CACSL Pre-Conference Workshop | CACSL Blog on CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada
- CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada | CACSL Blog on Call for Proposal to Host CACSL 2014
- Joe Brooks, CWI on CWI’s Summer Institutes on Service-Learning, 2012
- Joy Blake on Community Service Learning Network is launched in Quebec
Subscribe by email
Author Archives: bstamand
On October 19, 2011, Volunteer Calgary, in partnership with the University of Calgary and Cenovus Energy, officially launched our Community Service Learning program at a breakfast reception at the University of Calgary. Over 70 stakeholders were present, including students, faculty, non-profit organizations, leaders in post-secondary education and our CSL corporate partner, Cenovus Energy.
Dr. Ryan Lee, Interim Vice Provost (students) from the University of Calgary, kicked off the morning by sharing a few of the key benefits that students gain by participating in this type of program, acknowledging that CSL students are more likely to graduate and are better equipped