Welcome, friends!This is CACSL's public, collaborative newsletter and forum. Its purpose is to unify and develop service-learning community across Canada and beyond. We depend on you to share links to blog articles, contribute content, and connect with other CSL practitioners. Click "Home" in the top navigation bar for an overview of the blog.
Browse by category
- Reminder: CACSL 2013 at CUExpo in Cornerbrook | CACSL Blog on CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada
- Registration Open CUExpo 2013 and CACSL Pre-Conference Workshop | CACSL Blog on CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada
- CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada | CACSL Blog on Call for Proposal to Host CACSL 2014
- Joe Brooks, CWI on CWI’s Summer Institutes on Service-Learning, 2012
- Joy Blake on Community Service Learning Network is launched in Quebec
Subscribe by email
Author Archives: Tania S. Smith
From January to April 2011, the Communications Studies 463 course taught by Tania Smith at the University of Calgary partnered with Volunteer Calgary and the university’s Center for Community Engaged Learning (CCEL) to create website content on the topic of service-learning.
This project, essentially, engaged a service-learning course to create communications about past local service-learning partnerships and experiences.
In the service-learning course, all 21 students participated in projects. Twelve students worked on web content for Volunteer Calgary, and nine students worked on web content for the Center for Community Engaged Learning. Students worked in teams of 4-5 students, each with