Welcome, friends!This is CACSL's public, collaborative newsletter and forum. Its purpose is to unify and develop service-learning community across Canada and beyond. We depend on you to share links to blog articles, contribute content, and connect with other CSL practitioners. Click "Home" in the top navigation bar for an overview of the blog.
Browse by category
- Reminder: CACSL 2013 at CUExpo in Cornerbrook | CACSL Blog on CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada
- Registration Open CUExpo 2013 and CACSL Pre-Conference Workshop | CACSL Blog on CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada
- CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada | CACSL Blog on Call for Proposal to Host CACSL 2014
- Joe Brooks, CWI on CWI’s Summer Institutes on Service-Learning, 2012
- Joy Blake on Community Service Learning Network is launched in Quebec
Subscribe by email
Category Archives: Events
Canadian Alliance for Community Service Learning Pre CUExpo Workshop
Evaluating Service Learning: Measuring Learning and Impact
Where: CUEXPO in Cornerbrook, NFLD
When: Wednesday, June 12, 2012 9-3
Learning goal: Participants will share and be exposed to multiple methodologies and approaches used to measure the impact of service learning on community organizations, students and institutions.
1. Presentation and discussion on Developmental Evaluation by Emma Savage, Research Associate, Dalhousie College of Sustainability
2. Round table Discussion: Designing effective learning outcomes for CSL
3. Roundtable Discussion: Sharing best practices and tools for measuring the impact on institutions and community organizations of
Early registration for CU Expo 2013 ends this Friday, April 19th. Some of the Expo highlights include:
- His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, will deliver the opening address.
- Over 90 concurrent sessions on such topics as aboriginal rights, community development, culture, diversity and migration, education, food security, gender equality, health, innovation and rural sustainability.
- Site visits around Corner Brook
- Lots of opportunities to network, via our learning wall, community radio, themed dinners and much more!
- Evaluating CSL: impacts and learning CACSLpreconference workshop
Come and experience CU Expo with community & campus delegates from around the
Knowledge, Engagement & Higher Education will provide visibility and will critically examine one of the most significant trends: the growth of the theory and practice of engagement as a key feature in the evolution of higher education.
Call for good practices deadline December 21, 2012
This is a “Call for Abstracts” for a roundtable discussion on experiential learning in second language pedagogy at the upcoming NeMLA Conference.
44th Annual Convention, Northeast Modern Language Association (NeMLA) March 21-24, 2013 Boston, Massachusetts Host Institution: Tufts University
Session title: “The Power of Experiential Learning in Second Language Pedagogy”
What kinds of enriched educational opportunities could be integrated in a second language environment? And what are the benefits and the challenges of developing and delivering experiential components in this context? We invite proposals for a roundtable discussion on different learning experiences such as practicum, co-curricular programs and Community
Don’t miss out- catch three of the plenary sessions from CACSL 2012: Impacts of Community Engagement via live streaming at no charge. All times listed are Saskatchewan time.
The Honourable Lloyd Axworthy, President and Vice-Chancellor, University of Winnipeg, Plenary Address, Friday May 11, 8:30- 10AM.
The Joy of Engagement, Panel Discussion, Sheril Gelmon, Patti McDougal, Marla Gaudet. Friday May 11, 10:20- 11:50 AM. (Saskatchewan time).
Where to From Here? Considering Impact of Community Engagement from Multiple Perspectives, Sherril Gelmon, Saturday May 12, 12:40 to 1:45 PM (Sask time).
Attend the sessions via live streaming
For more information on the speakers
Community Service-Learning: Impacts of Community Engagement
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan May 10-12, 2012
Call for Proposals-Deadline Extended-
Submissions will be accepted up to 14 February, 2012
The University of Saskatchewan is proud to host the 2012 Canadian Alliance for Community Service-Learning Conference, May 10-12, 2012. We would be honoured to have your participation at this meeting, to share knowledge and conversation around the practice and outcomes of community service-learning in Canada.
The conference will focus on the impacts of community engagement, how all stakeholders involved in CSL are affected by CSL practices and programs. We hope to spark conversation,