Welcome, friends!This is CACSL's public, collaborative newsletter and forum. Its purpose is to unify and develop service-learning community across Canada and beyond. We depend on you to share links to blog articles, contribute content, and connect with other CSL practitioners. Click "Home" in the top navigation bar for an overview of the blog.
Browse by category
- Reminder: CACSL 2013 at CUExpo in Cornerbrook | CACSL Blog on CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada
- Registration Open CUExpo 2013 and CACSL Pre-Conference Workshop | CACSL Blog on CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada
- CACSL Membership Supports CSL in Canada | CACSL Blog on Call for Proposal to Host CACSL 2014
- Joe Brooks, CWI on CWI’s Summer Institutes on Service-Learning, 2012
- Joy Blake on Community Service Learning Network is launched in Quebec
Subscribe by email
Category Archives: CACSL
Canadian Alliance for Community Service Learning (CACSL)
in conjunction with CU-EXPO in Cornerbrook, NFLD
Evaluating Service Learning: Measuring Learning and Impact
Where: Location: Pepsi Centre, Meeting Room 1 in conjunction CU-EXPO in Cornerbrook, NFLD
When: Wednesday, June 12, 2012 9-3
Workshop Learning goal: Participants will share and be exposed to multiple methodologies and approaches used to measure the impact of service learning on community organizations, students and institutions
1. Opening presentation and discussion on Developmental Evaluation by Emma Savage, Research Associate, Dalhousie College of Sustainability
2. Round table Discussion 1: Designing effective learning outcomes for CSL
Why be a member of CACSL
The Canadian Alliance for Community Service-Learning supports you by
- providing leadership for the development and enhancement of Community Service-Learning in Canada,
- connecting with international networks, and
- promoting the benefits of CSL to universities, students, community organizations, and government.
CACSL advocates for the value of Community Service–Learning, encourages policy change to support CSL, and works to promote and support its further development in Canada Member involvement though volunteering and paid membership is vital to the CACSL’s success.
In 2013 your membership contribution will support the growth and development of CSL in Canada through:
- Implementation of
As our mailing list has expanded beyond 500 members, we needed to move to a new service for weekly blog digests and email from CACSL. We’re now using MailChimp. This is our new email look. See our new subscriber counter and subscription links at the bottom of the site.
Please update your Subscriber Profile
If you are already a subscriber to email notifications of new blog posts, please take a moment to verify and update your profile with us. Please make sure we have your Name spelled correctly and filled in. We have added new information fields, such as city,
Don’t miss out- catch three of the plenary sessions from CACSL 2012: Impacts of Community Engagement via live streaming at no charge. All times listed are Saskatchewan time.
The Honourable Lloyd Axworthy, President and Vice-Chancellor, University of Winnipeg, Plenary Address, Friday May 11, 8:30- 10AM.
The Joy of Engagement, Panel Discussion, Sheril Gelmon, Patti McDougal, Marla Gaudet. Friday May 11, 10:20- 11:50 AM. (Saskatchewan time).
Where to From Here? Considering Impact of Community Engagement from Multiple Perspectives, Sherril Gelmon, Saturday May 12, 12:40 to 1:45 PM (Sask time).
Attend the sessions via live streaming
For more information on the speakers
The full program for CACSL 2012 available now. Check out the exciting line up of presentations, poster sessions, and talking circles. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to learn and network with other CSL practitioners. Register now.